The Kensington Falls Church
The Activities Assistant- Memory Care shall assist the Activities Coordinator- Memory Care with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of activities. The program focuses on meeting the interests and the physical, mental, spiritual, and psychosocial well-being of each resident in the Memory Care neighborhood.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed enrich the lives of residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
2. Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment and supplies prior to each activity and clean up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
3. Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, monthly activities calendars, precautions list, and transportation logs.
4. Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
5. Assists the Activities Coordinator- Assisted Living in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
6. Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
2. Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
3. Strong time management and organizational skills.
4. Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.