The Kensington Falls Church
The Activities Assistant shall assist the Activities Coordinator with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of activities. The program focuses on meeting the interests and the physical, mental, and psycho social well-being of each resident in the neighborhood.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed enrich the lives of the residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
2. Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and cleans up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
3. Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining history of monthly activities calendars, precautions list, and transportation logs.
4. Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
5. Assists the Activities Coordinator in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
6. Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
2. Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
3. Strong time management and organizational skills.
4. Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
2. Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
5. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
6. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
7. Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
8. Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing homes, or adult day care is preferred.
9. High school diploma is required.
10. Must have and maintain a valid driver license