Apply to Join Our Kensington Family Below
Why The Kensington Falls Church? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assisted Living Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Director of Assisted Living in many of the aspects of the operation of the Assisted Living neighborhood including, but not limited to, team member training and scheduling, evaluating staff performance, ensuring that resident care service plans are carried out, and communication with families.
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the Assisted Living department. Monitor and adjust staffing levels, care planning/delivery, and supply inventories to ensure the neighborhood meets labor cost, supply cost, and quality of care goals.
- Participates in the process of planning for the individual resident’s nursing care, nutrition, and activities and contributes to resident Individual Service Plans. Attends, and at times may lead, the Individual Service Plan meetings with residents and families.
- Coordinates with the Assisted Living Activities Assistants on weekly activities calendars for Assisted Living residents. Ensures care managers’ assignments incorporate participation in activities.
- Meets individually with prospective and current residents and their families to discuss issues related to resident care, participation in activities, solve problems, and promote positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints involving care services and activities are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participates in Health Maintenance Meetings to review resident Individual Service Plans, notes changes in residents’ condition, and recommends changes in care plans and activities to meet resident requirements.
- Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, trains, orients, supervises, provides performance evaluation on neighborhood personnel to the Director of Assisted Living.
- Participates in the setting of departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps employees informed of changes that affect them.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge. Participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as COBRA laws.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Minimum of three (3) years in similar position, with retirement living or home-care background preferable. Direct hands on care experience required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.