Why The Kensington Falls Church? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Salary: Starting at $21/hr
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the Business Office Manager and Team Member Services Manager with the administration of accounting and human resources processes.
- Assists with the accounts receivable process including the preparation of monthly billing, recording and posting resident payments, and researching and resolving minor billing disputes. Post collections on resident accounts and follow up on overdue accounts.
- Assists with the accounts payables process including scanning invoices, distributing invoices to departments for coding, and posting invoices to the proper GL account for payment.
- Assists with the payroll process and payroll record maintenance.
- Assists in preparing monthly financial operating statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, capital expense summaries, and other financial reports.
- Assists with the recruitment process including placing ads/ job opening notices, accepting applications, conducting pre-screening, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks, and administering pre-employment testing.
- Assists with employee benefits programs including open enrollment, resolving claims, change reporting, approving payments, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assists with training program to ensure that all team members meet training requirements for their position. Updates training requirements for each position, ensures all team members attend required training, resources training materials, and tracks effectiveness of training delivery. Conducts new team member orientation.
- Assists in verifying the accuracy of ongoing supplies and fixed asset inventories.
- Assists with distribution of the employee handbook and HR policies and procedures manual.
- Assists with ensuring state and federal regulatory policy and record keeping requirements are met with regard to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, fair labor standards, compensation, hiring, and unemployment compensation.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as required.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Any other duties assigned by a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and application of employment regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Ability to remain objective when resolving disputes and make recommendations that are in alignment with the policies and values of the company.
- Experience in a similar position with accounting and human resources generalist duties is preferred.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.