The Kensington Falls Church
The Kensington Falls Church, a Senior Living Facility, is looking for a Director of Environmental Services to join our amazing team! The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for keeping the community building, equipment, and grounds in clean and like-new condition. This team member is also responsible for managing effective Safety and Emergency Response Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the Environmental Services Department. Monitors and adjusts staffing levels, service contracts, utility consumption, and supply inventories to achieve budgeted labor costs, Capital Expense costs, controllable costs, and environmental services quality goals.
- Maintains buildings, equipment, grounds and records in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Ensures all inspections and certificates required by regulations are completed on a timely basis.
- Develops daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual cleaning and maintenance checklists for all areas within the community. Identifies whether the tasks on each checklist will be carried out by team members or third party service providers.
- Develops and manages a work request system that allows team members and residents to report items that require the attention of the maintenance department. Ensures that all work requests are collected and acknowledged within 4 hours and are fully resolved within 48 hours.
- Schedules team members to carry out cleaning and maintenance tasks, assigns work on a daily basis, and ensures that work is completed as assigned. Manages the performance of all third-party service providers that perform ongoing maintenance, repairs, and renovation/replacement projects at the community.
- Develops and manages a process to provide laundry services to residents on a weekly basis at a minimum.
- Develops and maintains sound a departmental approach to support Infection Control programs that comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Ensures that all relevant equipment and supplies are consistently available to effectively support the program.
- Creates and implements the community Safety Program. Responsible for monitoring safe environmental conditions and work practices, implementing emergency response procedures, establishing emergency/disaster plans, conducting and evaluating results of emergency drills, and training of staff on the operation of all life safety and emergency equipment and monitoring systems.
- Develops and carries out a comprehensive inspection program that covers every suite, and common area space on a monthly basis. Documents results of inspections and assigns work as needed to correct deficiencies.
- Interviews, hires, trains, orients, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines Environmental Services personnel. Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps team members informed of changes that affect them.
- Ensures suites are ready for resident move-in and assists families/staff with move-in activities and internal transfers.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of general maintenance such as boilers, heating,air conditioning units, refrigeration and freezers, ice machines, electrical wiring, plumbing, painting, wallpapering, minor carpentry, lawn care, etc.
- Knowledge of the proper use of common cleaning, chemicals, and equipment.
- Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and willingness to assist team members and residents.
- Demonstrate a track record of a good sense of efficiency and delegation of work assignments.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong positive attitude toward customer service, have a genuine interest in geriatric care, and uphold the philosophy of the community
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a maintenance position
- Certification/ licenses in one or more of the following trades (plumbing, electrical, HVAC) is strongly preferred
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College education preferred.
The Kensington Falls Church offers a number of benefits to full-time team members including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, employer paid life insurance, paid time off, educational reimbursement, and a 401K.