Why The Kensington Falls Church? Because “We Promise to Care for and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” We are seeking individuals for all departments who are eager to grow both professionally and personally, and who are driven by our core values: love for seniors, respect for each other, spirit to serve and passion for excellence.
The Dishwasher is responsible organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing kitchen facilities, dining and lounge facilities, dining services equipment, and china glass and silver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
2. Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
3. Operates dishwashing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
4. Tests dishwashing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
5. Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
6. Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
7. Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
8. Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
9. Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
1. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
2. Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
2. Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
5. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
6. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
7. Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
8. High School education or GED preferred, but not required
9. Certified in safe food handling.
Job Type: Full-time