The Kensington Falls Church
The Utility Worker is responsible organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing kitchen facilities, dining and lounge facilities, dining services equipment, and china glass and silver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
- Operates dishwashing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
- Tests dishwashing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
- Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
- Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required
- Certified in safe food handling.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short distances for extended periods of time.
- Stoops for and bends at the knees, twisting from side to side at the waist.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist height and 40 lbs to shoulder height
- Must be able to push 200 lbs. on a cart with casters
- Requires reaching above, below and at shoulder level