Looking for an organization with a heart? Follow your heart and listen when it speaks to you … especially when it comes to your career.
At The Kensington Falls Church, our team is a family with a love for seniors and a passion to care for others. We recognize our team members’ individual strengths and support them in achieving their goals. Our community is a place where you can grow – both professionally and personally! Not only do we live out our promise for our residents, but we promise to love and care for our team members too!
Salary: $20/hr + Full Benefits
- Provides assistance to residents with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, feeding, mobility, toileting, and participation in life enrichment activities.
- Participates in the new hire interviewing and training process including involvement in the group interviewing process, assistance in providing a job preview for potential candidates to be hired, ensuring that new hires are teamed up with experienced Care Partners in the first week, and providing feedback to the neighborhood director on new hire assimilation.
- Assists neighborhood director with staff scheduling, assignment of breaks, and ensuring all Care Partner shifts are adequately covered.
- Provides ongoing problem solving, assistance, and support to the care management team throughout the daily shift. Ensures that Care Partners utilize teamwork so that resident’s requests for assistance are responded to quickly and that care is delivered in a competent and compassionate manner.
- Ensures that the housekeeping and laundry services are completed for all residents including weekly cleaning by housekeeping, special cleaning as required, daily tidies by care staff, weekly laundry, and dry cleaning as needed.
- Ensures that timely and accurate documentation required of Care Partners is completed at the end of each shift and that cross over meetings are carried out between shifts to communicate important information.
- Ensures Care Partners are effectively supporting dining services during meal periods. Ensures that dietary boards are up to date, that in room meals are delivered and cleared, bedtime snacks are in place for residents that require them, and reports on whether in room meals were consumed.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psychosocial functioning. Provides input to resident individualized service plans as appropriate.
- Improves the performance of the operation by providing staff performance feedback to the neighborhood director, identifying supply and equipment needs, and reporting maintenance problems.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains current knowledge of emergency procedures and is able to act in a leadership role during an emergency.
- Attends departmental meetings, training courses, and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Required Knowledge and Skill:
- Licensed CNA in the state of Virginia.
- Vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to lead effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Knowledge of appropriate Kensington Senior Living policies and procedures (i.e. HR, emergency procedures, infection control, Resident Handbook, etc.)
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Kensington Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.