Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Falls Church? Because “We Promise to Care for and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” We are seeking individuals for all departments who are eager to grow both professionally and personally, and who are driven by our core values: love for seniors, respect for each other, spirit to serve and passion for excellence.
- Gains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and alarm systems and acts as the point of contact throughout emergency situations until relieved of this duty.
- Makes periodic inspections of both interior and exterior grounds to ensure all resident safety devices are functional. (Certain doors secured at designated times, ensure access controls and time clock devices working properly, site lighting g all working, etc.)
- Notes any unusual or inappropriate occurrences during all inspections and , documents and follow up with necessary directors.
- Makes at least 3 rounds per shift throughout the building, including mechanical rooms and documents closed loop boiler temperature. Attends to any audible or visual issues with all mechanical equipment.
- Checks in with each care team periodically and documents any issues.
- Answers and directs all incoming phone calls to the appropriate person and/or takes and distributes messages promptly and accurately. Responds to emails.
- Monitor pendant calls and, document the time and reason for repeated calls.
- Accepts, documents, and distributes work requests from residents and team members and follows up to ensure they are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensures minor maintenance items are addressed immediately (changing lightbulbs, unclogging toilets, wet vac any floods from toilets or showers, etc.)
- Ensures nursing and care team are checking on their pendants and the pendant system is functioning correctly
- Drops off newspapers to residents and neighborhoods on a daily basis
- Facilitates any 911 calls not facilitated by our nursing department and stays with the resident until the l ambulance arrives. Call the s director or executive director to inform them.
- Creates a daily report of all findings throughout the shift and sends it to the entire Management team via email approximately 5 to 15 minutes before the shift ends.
- Calls designated maintenance personnel or vendor for any emergencies (hot or cold calls above 85 and below 65, water leaks, power outages, etc.)
- Participates in other professional development activities and training as required.
- Assures problems and resident or family complaints involving maintenance or care services are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.