Because we care. Because we take our responsibilities seriously.
Because our residents are family… We are working continually to sustain a COVID-safe environment. We are complying with the latest recommendations and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Department of Health. Read further below on our safety measures we are taking now; subject to change pursuant to latest guidelines.
- We monitor team members for fever and symptoms of illness.
- A team member who exhibits symptoms leaves our community immediately and resumes working on-premises only when all CDC return-to-work guidelines are met.
- Team members wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Team members are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as protective face shields, N95 or surgical masks, isolation gowns, and gloves.
- Team members wash hands and use hand sanitizer routinely throughout their shift.
- We monitor resident temperatures and oxygen levels throughout the day.
- Residents practice social distancing protocols while dining and when engaging in life enrichment activities.
- Residents wear masks when appropriate.
- We remind residents to wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day and give assistance, if needed.
- Our residents have eagerly received the COVID vaccinations. Vaccinations are required for all new residents, as well as a negative COVID test within seven days prior to move in.
- We follow guidelines from the Department of Health and CDC regarding visitation. We are accepting visitors outside and in our café space on the lower level and in resident rooms based on resident condition and needs.
- Permitted visitors use a designated single point of entry into our building.
- We also offer our residents and their families virtual connection with video chat, phone calls, and FaceTime sessions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All team members and residents, who are able, wear protective masks.
- We stock and regularly monitor an inventory of protective masks, face shields, gloves and gowns for use by team members and residents.
- We use CDC-approved disinfectants, including Clorox 360, throughout our community, in high-traffic areas and in resident apartments.
- We use Proctor and Gamble cleaning products that have been deemed effective against COVID-19.
- Team members retrieve deliveries outside our community and sanitize them before distribution.
- We partner with a fully vaccinated move management company that upholds infection control policies and procedures that are equivalent to ours.
We are here to help. Please contact us today if you have more questions about The Kensington’s safety measures and our promise to keep loved ones safe.