The holiday season is in full swing at The Kensington Falls Church, and we are so excited for all of our seasonal food favorites! This family recipe is one of our favorites, and these almond raspberry cookies are always a perfect addition any gathering with friends and family.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- powdered sugar, plus more for dusting1
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 tsp of your favorite raspberry jam
- Grind the almonds in a food processor and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg and almond extract on medium speed until fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour, almonds, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar and mix well. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. Between 1 hour to overnight.
- Create rounded, smooth dough balls.. Place separately on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate again for 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊. Bake the cookies until just turning light brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and flatten each cookie by pressing the center with a flat object (a measuring cup or bottom of a glass works well).
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar.
- Beat the raspberry jam until smooth and spoon about 3/4 teaspoon jam into the center of each cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!