Kensington Falls Church
The Utility Worker is responsible organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing kitchen facilities, dining and lounge facilities, dining services equipment, and china glass and silver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
2. Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
3. Operates dishwashing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
4. Tests dishwashing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
5. Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
6. Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
7. Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
8. Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
9. Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.