- Full Time
- Falls Church, VA
Why The Kensington Falls Church? Because “We Promise to Care for and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” We are seeking individuals for all departments who are eager to grow both professionally and personally, and who are driven by our core values: love for seniors, respect for each other, spirit to serve and passion for excellence
Salary: $16.50-20/hr + Full Benefits
Schedule: Day & NOC Shifts available
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all times.
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair with the correct use of the transfer techniques if required. Depending on residents’ weight and physical abilities, may require the assistance of another aide or the use of a mechanical lift to move the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provide assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitor hygiene continuously and assist as needed to ensure that residents and their clothing are clean.
- Assists in personal grooming of residents including brushing hair, brushing teeth, trimming fingernails and toenails, and assists residents in dressing or undressing. Folds or hangs clean clothing items and places soiled items in hamper.
- Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as needed.
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care. May be required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinals catheter bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in room as required. Assists in delivery dining service to residents and documenting intake of nourishment as needed. Serves in-between meal nourishment and assists as needed. Records amount eaten by residents as needed.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or family as needed.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining resident records. Documents assistance provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Human Resources Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with seniors.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Aide Certification or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age unless certified in Virginia as a Nurse Aide
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents.
Kensington Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regiment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.