Our Slice of Happy: Create a Gratitude Inventory
The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and return kindness.
1. Set aside uninterrupted time to think. Rarely do we do this. And boy does it help!
2. List what you are thankful for right now. It can be something as simple as a great cup of coffee.
3. Let others know how grateful you are for them. You never know what someone else is going through.
4. Journal regularly. Writing down your thoughts can help you clear out the cobwebs and focus on what is important.
5. Get outside and be in nature. Take a look around. Breathe. Appreciate what is around you.
6. Exercise! Sometimes a brisk walk around the block can work wonders.
7. Say thank you. Even if it is just to yourself. The emotion you feel when you express gratitude is second to none.
8. Give genuine compliments.
9. Set aside one day a week where you try not to complain about anything. We know this is a tough one, but you can do it!
10. Do something nice for someone you care about.